Re: [orca-list] can I make gnome and orca behave as per stock gnome in Ubuntu?

Hello,

Signal strenght for the wifi icon in the top bar system menu is global to gnome and it's not ubuntu specific. I think there is no connected notification. In order to see if you are connected or not, you can browse to the wifi icon again as it correctly reports its status on ubuntu and all other distros with gnome installed.
I don't know about the dash on ubuntu 17.10, I will check it later.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 4. 11. 2017 13:02 používateľ "Krishnakant" <kkmane riseup net> napísal:
Hello all

Recently on a discussion on this list I came to know that Ubuntu has modified Gnome a bit due to which some things don't work as expect with Orca.

For example I am not able to reach to the dash in Ubuntu 17.10 as far as my tests on a live pen drive go.

Secondly, I get no idea if my wifi got connected after i enter password.

I mean the notification that wifi has connected must be spoken like it happens in Unity.

Lastly with things like wifi, I don't hear the signal strength and security status when I browse through the available access points.

Does this imply that such problems on Gnome only happen in Ubuntu?

If so, is there a way to correct it?

I am supposed to suggest Gnome with Orca to a few people and I wish to be very sure.

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant..