Re: [orca-list] Orca doesn't like the edit fields of Evolution

Yes, it is unfortunate that Orca has trouble with some of these GNOME-native things, like Evolution. There are two work-arounds I can suggest:

1) Turn structural nav keys off, with 'orcakey+z' when in the edit fields. Type text as you like, then turn the structure nav keys back on when done editing.

2) use 'ctrl+shift+e', when in the edit fields, to bring up a temporary file in gedit, where you can type and edit your text. When done, save and close the file. the email body will contain the text from the temp file.

HTH,

Dave