Re: [orca-list] ot installing Linux to Acer specific laptop

Le 19/05/2017 à 09:29, Pavel Vlček a écrit :
Hi,

Hi Pavel

I get a laptop as present. Model: Aspire ES 15 (ES1-533-C95R), Acer
code NX.GFTEC.012. It has Boot up Linux. In bios setting, I unlocked
turning secure boot on and off by setting up the supervisor password.
But when I want to install every distro, it crashes during grub
install. The laptop has boot mode setting, but can't be changed at
this time. So is here some way to install some distro, or must I
install Win 10 first, update Bios to the latest version and try to
install Linux again? I read something about uefi vram crash. I want to
install Debian here. It works, but after grub install and reboot, I
get no bootable device error.

You should ask your question on a more general list. Maybe the Debian boot list if you want to install Debian.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager