Re: [orca-list] orca on debian

Thanks Alex.  I did get an updated version that I installed by hand, but if there's yet another coming out,
let me know when it's there.

Mark Peveto
Registered Linux user number 600552
Test machine powered by Debian

On Mon, 15 May 2017, Alex ARNAUD wrote:

Le 15/05/2017 à 16:21, Mark Peveto a écrit :
Hi all,

Hi Mark

I just installed the smaller version of Debian.  I think they call it the
net install.  I noticed it doesn't have the latest version of orca, because
don't have the option for progress beeps.  I miss my beeps, so how can I
update this when Debian informs me hat I have the latest version?  I think
it's
confused.  LOL!

It's confused, indeed. Debian tells you that you have the latest version
because you have the latest version on the Debian application store (called in
technical world the "Debian repository").

You have to wait until someone provides a Debian package for Orca 3.24. When
it will be available somewhere I'll tell you.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager