[orca-list] [Off-topic] Espeakup and Espeak-NG

Hello everyone.

Has anyone already been able to use Espeakup along with Espeak-NG? I've tried to install Espeak-NG on Arch Linux and although other Speech softwares like Orca and Emacspeak are able to recognize Espeak-NG, Espeakup simply has stopped of speaking after the reboot. I was wondering whether it would be possible or it would be necessary to make a fork of Espeakup and to adapt it to use Espeak-NG.

I would be grateful if anyone has some advice about that.

Best regards.

Alan Ghelardi