Re: [orca-list] Hello

I'm using the Vinux distribution, and I didn't have any issues getting Gnome working. It's become my go to desktop.

Getting Thunderbird to work with my Gmail account and IMAP was a piece of cake. I think it was the default and all the settings just came up automatically.

I'm surprised you're having trouble with the spell checking dialog. It's one of my favorite features of Thunderbird and Orca. I find it works way better than the spell checker in Outlook with JAWS or NVDA. It reads the misspelled word and spells it in a slower rate. It automatically reads the context to me and then spells the first suggestion at a lower speed. I can then tab and arrow to my different word choices and my different options, like replace or skip.

I just use the web interface for Google Calendar on my PC. I use it with Orca and Firefox. I do have it pulling in other calendars.

I don't use Emacs with Orca but rather Emacspeak. If you're going to spend any time in Emacs, such as working with Org-mode, then I'd suggest building Emacspeak.