Re: [orca-list] Russian voice for Linux other than Espeak ?

Dear Alex ARNAUD .

If you have the time to help I could format the document if you provide me the translated strings.

OK! Below I quote the translation of the instruction. I hope you are doing it not for the CIA or NSA. :-)

== Necessary tools ==

To compile RHVoice in your system must have the following installed

* GCC https://gcc.gnu.org/
* Pkg-config https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/pkg-config/
* SCons http://www.scons.org/

== Additional dependencies ==

Before you start the compilation RHVoice make sure your machine has at least one of the following components to enable sound output

* PulseAudio https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/
* Libao https://www.xiph.org/ao/
* PortAudio V19 http://www.portaudio.com/

Please note that many distributions isolated in separate packages those files that are only needed when compiling, not when running programs that use a particular library. In your system must be installed the packages of both types.

== Compilation ==

To start compiling run the following command:

$ scons

You can change the build parameters, for example, to pass additional flags to the compiler. For more detailed information, use the command:

$ scons -h

== Installation ==

To install RHVoice run the following commands:

# scons install
# ldconfig

Now you can test the functionality of the synth:

$ echo test|RHVoice-test

== Connect to Speech Dispatcher ==

In order for Speech Dispatcher to detect a module that implements RHVoice support, you can create a link to it in the directory where you installed built-ins that enables interaction with speech synthesizers. Any additional modules found in this directory will be downloaded and used along with the integrated ones. Example command:

# ln -s /usr/local/bin/sd_rhvoice /usr/lib/speech-dispatcher-modules