[orca-list] Orca does not read selected text in Evince

Hi Everyone,

I believe I found a small bug in Orca when using evince, and would like your feedback to confirm.

steps to reproduce:
1) open a pdf in evince
2) select a given text with the mouse
3) ask Orca to read it

Actual result:
Text is not read. The message "no selected text" is announced by Orca instead.

Expected result:
Orca should read the selected text.

Environment:
Orca from master
updated Debian sid/unstable
GNOME-shell 3.22.2
Evince 3.22.1

Investigation:
In the method selectedText from orca/script_utilities.py, I noticed that the locusOfFocus object refers to the Evince Document, not to the Evince Page. Since Evince Page is the one which implements the ATK text interface, the method does not work correctly.

Looking at the method onCaretMoved from orca/src/orca/scripts/apps/evince/script.py, I noticed the following statement:

        if obj.getState().contains(pyatspi.STATE_FOCUSED):
            orca.setLocusOfFocus(event, event.source, False)

Then, I just added the same logic to the onTextSelectionChanged method in the same script. Now things are much better.

Do you think that this fix is the correct approach, or we should change Evince so that Orca should correctly update the locusOfFocus object?

Patch:
https://github.com/jcvacaro/orca/tree/ev-seltext

Thanks a lot,
Juliano