Re: [orca-list] Problems with sticky browse mode

(I had asked Eric for a URL because I suspected they had something like
role=application on the body. Eric said:
"...But I thought, that orca's sticky browse mode (Caps+TrippleA) was
exactly designed to deal with this
kind of issue. I expected a behavior similar to the sticky focus mode
(Caps+DoubleA) which works
just fine. So I thought, that it's an orca bug and therefore reported it
to the list.  Is there no
way for orca to stay in browse mode until told otherwise?")

So yeah, the site is using this role, inappropriately:
role="application">
Replying this to the Orca list because I'm guessing the reason sticky
isn't working is because as you move through the page, Orca keeps
getting re-told by the browser that it needs to switch back to focus
mode by the application role? I'm not sure if that's how it works and
Joanie can maybe confirm.

They need to take that off and find another solution to whatever problem
caused them to use that.

cheers,
Mallory