[orca-list] best eMail client for Orca

Hi All,
Thanks all for recommending Mate, as it seems very user friendly so far.
The guy I got started on it with wanted to set up his eMail, but he has had bad experiences in Windows using Thunderbird, and that seems to be the default eMail client that comes with Mate, so I thought that I would teach him how to use apt-get and install another eMail program, so I am wondering what most folks is easiest to use?
He did like Outlook Express in Windows.
Also, on another note, he uses System Access on Windows, but he did not think that there is a program yet for Linux, and SA To Go does not work in FireFox.
Does anyone know if there is a work-around for that program in Linux?
Wine would be the only thing I can think of, but that is a while off for him to get to that point.
Thanks.
Glenn