Re: [orca-list] espeak, Pulseaudio and stuttering speech

Title: Assinatura Informal

Hi.

The same problem in my arch box.

On 01/22/2017 10:16 AM, Nick Wood wrote:
Hi all,

I have three systems that all exhibit the same problem - and although only a minor annoyance I wondered if it's just me:

When my systems boot, and Orca starts speaking on the logon screen, the speech is quite often distorted / stuttery /jittery.  After a second or two it settles down and is OK.

Then when I log in and start Orca at the desktop, the distorted speech is back, and again after a second or two it settles down.

Systems are Fedora 25 and Ubuntu 14.04, both 64-bit.

I read somewhere that the problem is down to Pulseaudio - i.e. when it first starts up it has to "learn" the appropriate buffer settings and adapt within the first couple of seconds to your own sound hardware. However, I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Does anyone else experience rather shaky sound at startup that seems to sort itself out?

Thanks,

Nick