Re: [orca-list] two issues to report

hi
Ok, now I'm confused. Orca stable also has these issues. But the weird thing is, they're midigated by putting my computer to sleep and then waking it up. Once I do that, orca is much more responsive in mate, although thunderbird and seamonkey are still quite slow when composing messages, but only thunderbird has issues reviewing messages. I hope that makes sense, it makes my brain hurt lol. So what to do next? File a bug, provide a debug log, wait?
Thanks
Kendell Clark

Jason White via orca-list wrote:
kendell clark <coffeekingms gmail com> wrote:
hi

I should probably add that the thunderbird issue I reported only affects
thunderbird. Icedove and seamonkey don't suffer from this. Which is odd, but
I've switched to using that until the problem can be looked into, if it can.

Just tested with Thunderbird 45.6, but I am unable to reproduce the lack of
responsiveness in text fields. Thunderbird is unusably slow on this machine
and always has been, but I'm not seeing any particular problem with text entry
during mail composition.

The machine is an old laptop with 2GB of RAM, so, by the time I load GNOME and
Orca, then start Thunderbird, we're probably stretching its resources. The
version of Orca in use is taken from Git but hasn't been updated for a while.