Re: [orca-list] OT: ARIA/HTML: text only visible to screen reader

Hi Joanie

Joanmarie Diggs schrieb am 19.01.2017,  1:29 -0500:
Having given this some more thought, assuming your test case is more or
less representative of what you're trying to accomplish* try using
role="group" with the latest Orca master and see if it does something in
the ballpark of what you expect.
I actually have some area with inportant information and for sighted users, it's
simply ()(a coloured) frame. It'd be important to  announce to the user, that
there's a frame.

Regarding your change: that works, but unfortunately, I'm unable to see the
message on my braille display. When navigating to the div, I hear the message
spoken, but it's neither on my display, nor can I find it using the braille
display keys.

*By "what you're trying to accomplish," I mean that you are not actually
creating a web app with a functional window or dialog. Because, as I
stated in my previous reply to you, windows and dialogs are not
something one typically arrows into and out of like just another block
of text.
Yes, that is right. It's really a block of text one would arrow into.

Thanks!
Sebastian
--
Web: http://www.crustulus.de (English|Deutsch)  | Blog: http://www.crustulus.de/blog