Re: [orca-list] Broken Chromevox

Have you tried un-installing the browser and or removing all of the configuration and data files and folders
it has put on your machine?
I don't blame you for not wanting to do this if you have done a lot of customization, but...
Do you log in to a google account automatically with the browser in question? If you have logged-in to a
google account and have syncing enabled then
you could do something like log in to the same account  after configuring a chromium browser on another
machine the way you like it, and perhaps the
syncing can be used to fix the problem you are having.
I don't really know what you want to do, or understand what problem you are having beyond needing to
re-enable chromevox.
If this is the only issue, or you don't know of any other issue with your chromeium/chromevox then try
copying a file I'll attach here in to an
extensions directory you will need to create most likely.
The problem is that I don't know what distro you are using, and different distros put chrome's configuration
data and such in different places in ones
file-system. The other detail is that I use chrome, not chromium, and I don't know the differences in paths
used for chromium goodies as compared with
those for chrome.
The file should download and install latest chromevox on your machine, but again, you must put the file in
the right place for it to do anything at all.
Oh, chromevox should be enabled when installed or updated by the file I am sending. Just leave it in place
and you should always have latest chromevox.
The file has a .json extension.
I hope it still works, and will deal with a chromevox that has been manually disabled if that is what you in
fact did...
Write back for help on the list I mention below if this does not work for you, but maybe I can help you find
the right place to put the .json file first
once you tell me your distro.
On my Vinux and Arch boxes I made the extensions dir in /opt/google/chrome and copied the json file in to it.
I am almost sure that chromium path is
different on both distros, and don't even remember where I have things on a Debian machine that I have used
chrome on as well

There is a Google accessibility group where chrome/chromevox questions are on topic that you should consider
joining to get   help with chrome, chromium
and chromevox. You can always change your msg prefferences to view   posts on the web only if you don't want
mail from the group cluttering your inbox
long-term after dealing with the issue at hand.
It is a fairly low traffic group anyway.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Arkadiusz wrote:
Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 07:01:10PM +0100

Hi!\

I know that it isn't directly related to Orca, but I hae a question:
I have broken the chromevox addon and when I launch Chromium it says
inactivated. Alt shift A doesn't work, because alt shift is bound to
change the input source and I don't know how to unbind this. ANy
help is appreciated