Re: [orca-list] orca can use the english voice of mbrola, how to make it uses the rest of the voices?

Hi Amir,

On 02/03/2017 11:55 AM, Amir wrote:
mbrola is human sounding voice, kind of, and i am able to use the mbrola
en1 voice with orca. i've installed many other, including us voices, but
it is not detected by orca. i've also uncommented the add modules espeak
mbrola in speech-dispatcher configuration, and that's why i can use the
english voice. Is there any way i can use those other  voices with orca?

I don't know an easy way to switch between mbrola's voices. Actually, this module use the speech-dispatcher's generic module which simply execute a command line like that:
echo <string> | espeak <parameters> | aplay -
So, we can't get information from the TTS like voice list.

Regards,

Raphaël