Re: [orca-list] Heads-up: AT-SPI2 dependency bumped

Hi Joanie,

Than you for making Orca even better every day and being so helpful.

Le 16/12/2017 à 10:39, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Hey all.

As I believe most of you know, if you are using the latest Orca, you
should also be using the latest stable version of AT-SPI2. However, I do
my best to not make doing that essential, which requires adding various
and sundry checks and workaround. Thus periodically I do bump the
AT-SPI2 minimum version so I can remove those workarounds and support
new things (roles, the new text interface, etc.) in a sane fashion. I've
just done the bump in Orca master to the latest stable/shipping AT-SPI2.

--joanie

As I am ready to release the newly accessible with speech Slint
distribution, your post triggers a few questions.

I have prepared packages for:
orca 3.26.0
at spi2-atk 2.26.0
at-spi2-core 2.26.0
atk 2.26.0

I see that there are newer stable releases at time of writing:
orca 3.27.3
at-spi2-atk 2.26.1
at-spi2-core 2.27.1
atk 2.27

Knowing that Slint intends to be a stable distribution, do you think
that I should upgrade these components before releasing?

Also, is it important to upgrade speech-dispatcher from 0.8.7 to 0.8.8?

Greetings,

Didier