Re: [orca-list] Select text in mate-terminal

Hello,

Le 14/12/2017 à 21:28, Øyvind Lode a écrit :
On 14 December 2017 at 19:36, Øyvind Lode <oyvind lode gmail com> wrote:
Hi list:

Yet another question :)

How does one select and copy text from the mate-terminal?

Ok, I found a workaround.
The mate-terminal have a select all feature available from the edit menu.
One can then access edit menu again and hit enter on copy or press
shift+ctrl+c to copy selected text.
The problem with this approach is that the whole terminal buffer is
selected and copied to the clipboard.
I really would like to only copy a small part of the terminal output.
However, this approach works as a workaround because I removed
unwanted output by editing the text
Actually, id depends of the application that you start in your terminal.

For instance if you start in it the nano text editor, you have full
editing capability with the keyboard.

With nano, you just hold the left or right Shift key on the beginning of
the text to be selected, then use the arrows to extend the selection.

I don't see a Copy function but instead you can use Ctrl+k to cut the
selected text, then Ctrl+u to paste it on the same place.

After that the selected text remains in the clipboard so you can paste
it elsewhere.

Ctrl+G displays the help, including the keyboard shortcuts.

Greetings,

Didier