Re: [orca-list] Braille in Orca not working

I did not see the original messages, but I think this is a known issue with brltty and brlapi.
Here is the solution at least for archlinux.
Here is what you need to do to fix brltty in ArchLinux.
edit the brltty.conf file which is located in /etc
on about line #591 you need to uncomment the line that reads:

api-parameters Auth=keyfile:/etc/brlapi.key # Require authentication key

Note, this should be on one line.
Then restart brltty sudo systemctl restart brltty
This should make orca work again.
/etc/brlapi.key must exist, though, and be readable by the user running
orca