Re: [orca-list] My time with Canonical has come to an end.

Le 25/04/2017 à 19:21, Peter Vágner a écrit :
Hello,

Hello Peter

Is ubuntu effectivelly getting rid of accessibility support in the
upcoming releases given the fact during latest 10 years they are
inovating a lot on the unity front and each new release is not
accessible by default unless Luke changes stuff.

You could if needed easily switch to Debian that takes care of accessibility.

Do we have more full time developers working on linux accessibility
besides Joanmarie and Mike Gorse?

I think Alejandro Pinheiro Iglesias and Jacobo Aragunde do also have a
lot of non a11y related work on their plates.

Yes, the Hypra team works to increase accessibility every day.

We have focused our efforts on technical stack based on :
- Debian for its universality, stability and flexibility and because the development cycle is good to avoid accessibility regressions, and they have a topic-sensitivity. - The Mate desktop that provides customization to suit to any computing level (from the expert,to the beginner, geek or elderly person, etc), or needs (colors, etc) - Compiz that provides useful plugins for low-vision people : screen magnifier, color filter (with brightness and color inversion), a show mouse module to find easily your mouse

Would some of us qualify for helping at least little with this? Are
there any open positions?

On the accessibility perspective, we need more help to test the new releases of LibreOfficeDev and Firefox Nightly. We also need more tester on Orca master to figure out all remaining issue.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager