Re: [orca-list] oT: accessibility of java swing applications

Hi,

I am using java-atk-vrapper version 0.33.2-1 and Java 8 OpenJDK.

Vojta

Dne 25.4.2017 v 19:43 José Vilmar Estácio de Souza napsal(a):
Which version of java and what version of java-atk-wrapper are you using
in arch?

I had problems using latest java-atk-wrapper in arch. When I tried to
run some java application, the JVM crashed.

In my case the solution was downgrade java-atk-wrapper.

Vojtěch Polášek writes:

Hi,

I am having some lessons on Java at my university and we are creating an
application with  Swing GUI. I noticed that there exist some features
for Swing applications to make them accessible, but...

I tried the Notepad.jar application, which was going around some time
ago and simulates just simple text editor. I wasn't able to read
anything on Arch Linux with java-atk-wrapper installed from the
repository as well as on Windows 7.

What is current state of accessibility of Swing applications on LInux
and also on Windows?

I ask because I was asked to make sure that the final application which
we create during the course is accessible.

Thanks for information.

Best regards,

Vojta