Re: [orca-list] Managing punctuations

Hello,

I think on linux the situation is a bit different than on Windows.
We do have speech-dispatcher which can perhaps already do punctuation verbalization or ability to turn symbols or other characteristics into soud icons. I think orca already can control this feature of speech-dispatcher. Uv is there something broken or missing?

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 11. 4. 2017 8:30 PM používateľ "Raphaël POITEVIN" <rpoitevin hypra fr> napísal:
Dear team,

We're integrating a TTS on GNU/Linux which doesn't have punctuation mode features. On Windows, NVDA manage punctuations by sendig litteral words like "point", "coma" etc.

That feature could be interesting in Orca. Of course, with an option to let the TTS to manage punctuations if it is able to.

Regards,
--
Raphaël POITEVIN
Hypra S.A.S.