Re: [orca-list] improvements for pidgin

Hi again,
my bad, I tried once again libnotify plugin, but all it does is popping up windows instead of a simple notification message, so every time someone connect or disconnect, I end up with a window on top of my running stuff, I leave you to imagine the nightmare it is when you have over 50 contacts...

Max a écrit :
Try addon "pidgin-libnotify".

Tyna Pelletier-Bilodeau wrote:
Hi there,
currently pidgin announces that someone is connected or disconnected,
(i.e: when that person just connected), but only if that contact's
particular conversation window is open. From what I gathered, sighted
folks can see a kind of notification popping up, even when the windows
are closed. We only know that someone has just connected because we can
hear the sound, but what about making orca announce who just came online
/ went offline ? And also, what about other status change (i.e: do not
disturb, away, etc.).
Thanks !
GNOME Universal Access guide: