Re: [orca-list] Orca and Ubuntu

You can quickly switch among running apps in Unity by using the super key + numbers, once you know the order in which they appear in the launcher. You can get this list by using 'alt+f1' and moving among the listed items. What's more, you can lock your favorites to the launcher; to do this, use the right arrow to open a context menu, on which one of the options is 'lock to launcher'.

HTH,

Dave

Chris Norman wrote:
Hi,

Good old sod's law, not long after I sent that email I headed to the Vinux Wiki to see what info I could find.

Sure enough, there was a page written by Kendell Clark who I have seen on this list.

It told me exactly how to use Unity, so now I'm happily using stock Ubuntu.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks also to Kendell for the excellent article.

Just one question though, when using Alt + Tab to switch windows, Orca doesn't seem to interrupt itself when I hit tab, just carries on reading, so if I'm trying to flick through many windows quickly, I have to wait for Orca to finish before I can effectively move on. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks all,