Re: [orca-list] Mail client

I'm using Seamonkey, and it works pretty well in most cases. There seems to be some sort of bug that causes speech to stop only in Seamonkey while other applications still speak, but this appears to happen most if I leave it running for a long time. Restarting Orca gets speech back for a while, and restarting Seamonkey gets it going for a much longer time. That said, if community supported applications in your opinion have an unsafe future, then the same problem will potentially occur with Seamonkey, since it has been a community supported application for a rather long time.

I also have had fairly good luck with Evolution, although I had to go a little roundabout to get to the body of a message, and it does tend to crash on some messages and have problems speaking usually the first paragraph of others, usually replies. That said, it has been a few months since I used Evolution, although 3.20 worked fairly well for me, so unless these are the problems you had with it, anything else is probably new, and I wouldn't have seen it most likely, as I have used Seamonkey for about 3 months now.
Sent from Christopher Tracy's parade