Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 21:34:45 -0500
From: "B. Henry" <burt1iband gmail com>
To: austinAustin quesada <austin arq gmail com>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] How to access all installed applications from mate desktop?

--

i     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  austinAustin quesada wrote:
Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 01:30:12PM -0500

Hi all. I'm wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut in orca to do
this? I no that alt f 1 will bring up the application categorys, but
i'm not sure how to access all installed applications, especially
because i know sometimes that an application can be installed but not
put in the proper place in the menu. Thanks for any help.

Yes, this will show you every graphical app as far as I know.
There may be an "other" category, and this is where apps that do not have keywords that put them in to
somewhere else should be found.
If there is no other, or you suspect something is missing, you can use the filemanager of your choice, caja
works very well for this, and open
/usr/share/applications/and see everything. This is independent on desktop environment, i.e. will work in
gnome, mate, lxde or whatever.
Most of your CLI apps will not show up there as this contains .desktop files which are the launchers files
for GUI programs. Some CLI aps make such a file
to launch themselves in a terminal window, e.g. elinks, or on some distros mutt even.
HTH

 orca-list mailing list
orca-list gnome org

----- End forwarded message -----