[orca-list] I'm getting real tired of apps run as root being inaccessible

hi all
The subject line pretty much says it all. I'm not writing in to rant but
I want to crush this bug once and for all. Since manjaro has removed the
old installer sonar used to use, we have to use their new installer,
called calamares. The devs have been fantastic and fixed all of the very
few accessibility bugs that app did have, except for one very annoying
bug. It's run as root so orca can't get at it. I'm sick of this one
cropping up and getting in the way. It only seems to affect mate
desktop, even the gtk3 version. The only desktops that can somehow get
around this one are gnome and unity. How are they doing it so I can
either emulate it or have someone look at the code and port it over to
mate? I don't mean to sound demanding at all but I am at the end of my
patience with this bug. No one knows what's going on and why orca can't
see the apps. I've gotten the run around with several different
developers all blaming the bug on someone else. It's time for this bug
to get fixed, I've had enough. I can't release sonar with an
inaccessible installer. More important than our little distro is the
fact that this makes linux look incompetent. People ask me why apps run
as root are inaccessible and all I can tell them is "I don't know". They
most of the times immediately go into responses like "yeah well windows
doesn't have this problem" or "I have a mac and it doesn't have this
bug". This is not an anti windows or mac email so I'll stop there. Both
those platforms have somehow figured out how to avoid this pitfall.
Joanie has looked into this and all she can say is that at-spi isn't
able to get at the apps run as root so orca can't read them. Orca can't
read what it can't see. This is not an orca bug. Ok, we're getting
somewhere. Where's the bug? Who's bug is it so I can file it and get it
fixed, I've had enough of hoping someone will fix it by accident it's
time to go after it.  Again, I'm not ranting at you guys but ...
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. Someone please help me. If I can just find out where
the bug is I can file it and help whoever's in charge fix it.
Thanks
Kendell Clark