Re: [orca-list] orca lags when opening huge documents

Le 02/09/2016 à 03:14, kendell clark a écrit :
hi all
Hi kendell
I'm not positive this is an orca bug, but didn't know where else to
report it. Orca lags very badly when opening a large document. I'll
attach a 400k microsoft word document that causes the issue for me. It's
the manual to the note taker storm sent me to test braille support in
sonar on. When I open it, orca first says "frame". Then lags for about
two minutes. The only way I can get orca to read the document is by
moving away from the window and then alt tabbing back into it. This also
happens when opening a large daisy book in firefox or seamonkey. I'm not
absolutely positive this is an orca bug, it might be just that firefox
and libre office choke on large files, but I *think* it's an orca bug.
Thanks you very much for ping me about this performance issue related to LibreOffice. The bug you describe is already reported by Joannie.

I'll actually send the file privately to joanie so she doesn't have to
moderate this message, but will send it to anyone who wants to test with
it off list, again so she doesn't have to specifically allow this
message through.
I am interested by your document.

Best regards.
--