Re: [orca-list] More flat review rewrite goodness: giant-table issues fixed

hi
 Or not, I spoke too soon. I tested with the network applet, and flat
review still reads the "connected" label even though I disconnected as a
test. So this doesn't look like an orca bug. Sorry for the noise.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

kendell clark wrote:
hi
This seems to work fantastic hear. I've been testing in seamonkey. I
don't have an inbox with 40000 messages but I do have several hundred at
a time and orca's flat review is much better than it was. Hard to argue
with improvement!
Thanks
Kendell Clark

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

You should know the refrain by now ("I've still got a long way to go,
but....") <smiles>

I've just merged in some changes which should make invoking flat review
in tables much more efficient. Especially in giant tables. My test case
was a Thunderbird folder with over 40,000 messages. Before Orca would
not respond for a really long time; now it responds in 2 seconds. And
I've got other not-yet-merged changes that will make it faster than
that. But I hope you'll agree that going from an uber-long time to 2
seconds was worth committing in the meantime.

To finish the familiar tune on a familiar note: Please pull master, let
me know what you think, and especially if I've broken something.

Thanks!
--joanie