[orca-list] Options for working with pdf files

I need to not onlyl read, but also interact with a pdf file, i.e. mark options and save the changed document.
This is for marking a ballot, and the instructions say that only adobe reader 11 or higher allows saving of
the modified file. Also any version of acrobat
will work they say.
The instructions say that older versions of adobe reader will let me print the doc, but not save it.
Often websites and other instructions say one needs adobe software when actually other pdf reading software
works of course, but since this doc needs
modification I am unsure of my options under Linux where it appears that acroread 9.5 is the newest
available. I usually use evince for reading or convert
files using calibre's ebook convert, pdftotext from poplar, etc.
I don't have a working printer with ink at home, so need to take the file to a cyber cafe or similar for
printing, so saving a copy of the modified file to
a usb stick is the best sollution.
I've not used adobe for Linux in a few years, and never used it much, so I'm not at all familiar with what
may be posible.
Can I check the dcesired options and somehow save the file somewhere using acroread, or are the instructions
correct in that I can only print directly?
Is there any other software option for Linux?
I have a vinux5, installation available, if anything is easily available for Ubuntu that is not available for
Arch, but for now installed acroread on my
Arch-Linux box.
I guess if worse comes to worse I can use portable NVDA to use a newer version of adobe reader on a publoic
windows computer, or perhaps my neighbor has an
up to date copy of adobe, but of course would prefer to use my own machine to do the ballot marking.
Time is critical as I'm going to have to deal with international mailing or shipping to get this in on time.
Until Friday I thought I';d be able to return
the ballot via email or perhaps fax.
Regards, and thanks in advance for your help.
--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886