Re: [orca-list] epub reader debian

I do not know if you can find ppub for Debian, but it uses gtk3 and webkit according to the discription in
the Arch AUR.
I just installed it, and once the karat  is turned on in the view menu it seems very usable. I'm not sure
about some details, i.e. I did not go where I
thought I woulod when I pressed enter on a link, but I'm guessing a simulated mouse click will do the trick.
Right arrow takes one to the next page.
If you can't find it in Debian repos I think it's likely to build easily enough on most systems.
This url might help.
https://github.com/halocaridina/pPub
If you have trouble, let me know and I will look in to it a bit more.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Peter Vágner wrote:
Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 10:48:38PM +0200

Hello,

Cainteoir GTK definatelly appears accessible.
It feells similar to using some mobile apps on an android phone. You can
browse table of contents where available and play, pause, stop, revind /
fast forward like on an old casette player.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 21. októbra 2016 7:48:50 dopoludnia používateľ Willem van der Walt
<wvdwalt csir co za> napísal:

Calibre can convert to plain text docx and many others.
I do not know about accessibility, but cainteoir will read epub too.
HTH, Willem