[orca-list] LibreOffice Writer issue and help requested

First thing I wanted to mention in case it has not been brought up is submenus in libreofice writer.
I use the right arrow to expand a submenu, let's say the select submenu in the tables menu, and it is silent.
I can do a simulated click on columns, but
have no idea if it has been selected.
This behavior repeats on all the submenus I try and expand.
This is with orca master, and LO still 5.1.5-3 on arch-linux 64bit.

My question is how can I change the color of a column in a table, or any other selected table component for
that matter, or selected text of any kind?
Thanks for any help.
I thought this would be quick and easy, and I need it right with in 12 hours more or less.
Regards,

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886