Re: [orca-list] Lost Orca and general sounds

Glenn <glennervin cableone net> wrote:
It was suggested on another list that I try:
alsactl store
All this did was to remove my audio altogether, so now I'm not even sure if the system has booted, but I
can tell that it has because if I do a control + alt + delete and then alt + R, it pops the speaker and
reboots.
I have researched the alsactl command and I tried the init and the restore and the nrestore commands to no
avail.

As root
rm /var/lib/alsa/asound.state
then reboot the system.

This will eliminate what the alsactl store command did (and I have no idea why
you were advised to use it).