Re: [orca-list] Apricity os

The concept looks good, and the OS is based on Arch Linux. I have nothing but positive things to say about that part of it. I especially like the customized live media builder, if it works.

As for the installer, their own install script may have problems working with Orca, but since the system has its roots in Arch Linux, I'm wondering if it may be possible to use the arch-install-scripts package to get it installed just like Arch. A better option may be the Arch Ultimate Install (AUI), which is a number-based menu system with two steps: fifo to configure and install the base system, and lilo to run on first boot and install all other packages. The only trouble would be ensuring a talking system at first boot, which may not work, since Apricity probably doesn't have the TalkingArch mods. In any case, it would indeed be better to have a nice graphical installer for Arch-based distros that come up using GNOME or MATE that works with Orca.
Sent from uptown