Re: [orca-list] Anyone else using Orca on BSD

am_dxer fastmail fm <am_dxer fastmail fm> wrote:
I read on a mailing list that you can use Brltty with a modified version
of Screen to read the text console but I have never tried.

I have read on the BRLTTY mailing list that this does indeed work. However,
BRLTTY is much better supported under Linux, where you don't need patched
versions of GNU Screen to access the console.

More to the point, I don't know whether BRLTTY will support Orca under BSD as
it does under Linux. If it does, this could be an option. Obviously, if you
run BSD under virtualization then you can circumvent these problems.