Re: [orca-list] Anyone else using Orca on BSD

Interesting how do you get speech for installing?

On 05/27/2016 09:24 AM, am_dxer fastmail fm wrote:
I have used both XFCE and Mate with success.

On Fri, May 27, 2016, at 09:14 AM, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:
What desktop are you using?

On 05/27/2016 08:24 AM, am_dxer fastmail fm wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone on this list was using Orca on BSD. I was a
distro hopper since I started in the free software world a few years ago
but have been using FreeBSD now consistently for about a year. FreeBSD
offers many unique features like The Z File system, a wonderful way of
installing software called Ports, and a multi channel audio system
called OSS that is very reliable with low sound latency. Because the
community is so spread out, I thought this might be a good place to post
an inquiry like this to see if there are any other users working with
Orca on this system as well. I use it as my primary operating system so
have spent quite a bit of time using it and discovering its features. I
would like to get a group together to talk about accessibility on BSD if
there is interest in this area.