Re: [orca-list] Evolution - Reading the contents of messages.

I am not exactly looking for a new email program, but...I'm always
interested in good software.
Is there any reason why I should consider changing to evolution as a happy
mutt and t-bird user who is exploring the alpine again of late?
The main selling point for evolution is compatibility with systems used in
many enterprizes and other businesses, stuff I've honestly never used, and
know little if anything about, i.e. it is suposed to be a good fit for
those who use or have used microsoft outlook?
I know this is a bit OT to say the least, but as I am especially
interested in any advantages evolution has over t-bird for orca users, not
so much perhaps.
And if any of my take on what evolution is or is not is off, please
correct me.
I only fired it up a couple of times way back when accessiblity was not
ready for primetime to say the least and I was a new linux user. I never
set it up, just poked around for 5 or 10 minutes and went back to the
t-bird that was my only email client at that time.
Thanks in advance for any replies and experiences.

   pon

-467-
B. Henry

*follow me on Twitter @BurtHenry
 *connect on *GTalk or *AIM
     (this address)
*Yahoo burt1iband
&I'm on *Linkedin & *FaceBook

David Hunt wrote:
    20/05/2016 at 17:26

DHOn a related note:  What tips can anyone offer for using the calendar in
DHevolution?
DH
DH
DHThanks,
DH
DH
DHDave
DH
DH
DH
DH
DHOn 05/08/2016 05:24 PM, Kyle wrote:
DH> This seems to be a fairly well-known issue with Evolution. Upon opening
DH> a message, the cursor is locked into the headers. You need to tab out
DH> to the body. So I press control+end to go to the bottom of the headers
DH> where that panel is, then I press the up arrow key to get to the last
DH> header shown, which is usually the date, tab out to the body and then
DH> press control+home to get to the top of the message body. This seems to
DH> work even if there is no link or other focusable object in the message
DH> body. Hope this helps.
DH> Sent from Christopher Tracy's parade
DH> GNOME Universal Access guide:
DH> https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/a11y.html