Re: [orca-list] orca randomly segfaults when closing pluma text editor

Hello,

Yes this is also happening for me however it may happen just anywhere e.g. in firefox, in thunderbird, in libreoffice calc.

Most frequently it happens to me when switching windows by pressing alt+tab.

As I press alt+tab I'm expecting to hear orca announcing new window as it gains the focus.

Instead I hear silence, my laptop fan speeds up like crazy. I know I can quickly open terminal and type in orca --replace .

Sometimes I can't manage to do orca --replace in the terminal quick enough so the whole graphical desktop gets non responsive that even pressing multimedia keys will stop producing sounds while pressed.

In such a case I can either login to the text only console and try to force killing orca or use a spare machine to SSH in and examine the state from there.

Heh my portable raspberry pi setup proven to be awesome at rescuing me in such cases. If I am doing something critical and my desktop freezes like this, I can boot the pi in a minute, tidy up hang processes and continue as normal.

Greetings

Peter