Re: [orca-list] sound through pulse audio running as root may soon be fixed

ChromeOS, Android, iOS, MacOS and Windows users would find having
trouble running text only consoles at the same time as the graphical
desktop to be unacceptable? I'm sorry, but although this is indeed a
problem that needs fixing, the idea that users of other operating
systems that know nothing of a text only console find it an
unacceptable lack of accessibility in Linux when it doesn't work as
expected is simply preposterous at best. Please note that I didn't say
it isn't a problem for some, but it's nothing a Windows, MacOS,
ChromeOS Android or iOS user would even know about, let alone care
about. It's only system administrators and shell users who would even
know that there is a problem that needs to be addressed. Of all these
other mentioned operating systems, ChromeOS is the only one I am aware
of that even has an available text only console, and it has no spoken
output whatsoever. So in attempting to identify the problem that needs
to be addressed, we should never resort to false or baseless claims
regarding the state of Linux accessibility or how users of other
operating systems would feel upon using a Linux desktop for the first
time.

Sent from the new power generation