Re: [orca-list] Lynx how many people use this browser

I am probably an exception but I use lynx qute often. I spend most of my time working with a text console and only use the graphical desktop as a last resort. As a result I use lynx more often than not and only go to firefox when I can't do what I want in lynx. I do on occasion use elinks compiled with javascript support but I find that in most cases if I need to go there it is easier to go to firefox.

This may in part be because I am almost exclusively a braille user and really dislike even having speech on as it interupts those around me unless I wear a headset or earphone which I find annoying. I find that brltty at a console is much easier to use than using it standalone with orca as orca tends to break up my flow of reading into a somewhat unnatural form. It doesn't allow one to just read and automatically drop to the next line as you read but requires you to actually go down a line and then get back to the beginning of the line i.e. more keystrokes. All of that being said I would really like a better text based browser that can handle the new webpages.

Tom