Re: [orca-list] linux full time

Just to clarify something, on Linux these last few years the package you
buy is called voxin if you want the eloquence voice.
You buy a package for each language, e.g. U.S. English, German, or
Mexican Spanish.
The configuration files associated with it use the handle ibmtts instead
of voxin or eloquence.
They do make it confusing...lol
I prefer espeak for english, and many people who give it a fair chance,
i.e. use it exclusively for a few weeks come to prefer it over eloquence,
many, but by no means all.
I prefer the eloquence/voxin com ibmtts voice for Spanish as espeak is
rather poor there.

--
B. Henry

*follow me on Twitter @BurtHenry
 *connect on *GTalk or *AIM
     (this address)
*Yahoo burt1iband
&I'm on *Linkedin & *FaceBook

kendell clark wrote:
    06/05/2016 at 18:23

kchi
kcETI eloquence is the name of the synthesizer known by such names as
kcibmtts, ibm viavoice, eloquence, and voxin. It's the synthesizer jaws
kcuses by default. Some people prefer it over espeak. I prefer espeak
kcmyself, but then again I've been using it for years and have gotten used
kcto it. I now can't understand how anyone could prefer eloquence when I
kclisten to it, which I do on mellisa's windows and linux box when I have
kcto maintain it. It has known and unfixable flaws on both linux and
kcwindows. There are words that, if the synthesizer encounters it, it will
kccrash because it doesn't know how to pronounce them. Words like "c a e s
kcu r e" and "w e d h e s d a y" will crash it if put together into a
kcword. I've spelled them out so I don't crash anyone's synth.
kc
kcThanks
kcKendell Clark
kc
kc
kcAl Sten-Clanton wrote:
kc> Hi, Kendell.
kc>
kc> What is "ETI eloquence?"  (Or is ETI an achronum for something?) I ask
kc> because my wife might be more likely to use Linux if I can find speech
kc> output that sounds like eloquence.  I'd like it better myself, for
kc> that matter.  Thanks!
kc>
kc> Al
kc>