Re: [orca-list] any accessible dash pane like app in Mate?

hi
That's an idea. You have a very good point, the idea of mate is to keep
it as light as possible. This isn't entirely possible because I have to
put apps like libre office and evince on there to enable accessible
viewing of lots of files, since lighter alternatives like abi word and
mate's own document viewer aren't accessible yet, but I do the best I
can. If this ever gets added to mate I'll make sure it's disabled by
default and must be turned on, so I don't end up straining lower powered
systems by trying to index everything, which is where a lot of the
resource usage comes from.
Thanks for your feedback
Kendell Clark

B. Henry wrote:
I'd think you'd be better off keeping the basic configuration as light as possible as many run mate to
avoid stressing limited system resources.
You could ofcourse put it on your images as a file and either tell users to run dpkg -i or script it and
binde script to a desktop icon that'd go away
after it is installed, or even better toggle install and uninstall so that folks could compare performance
with and with out it.