Re: [orca-list] Fixed more extraneous presentation of clipboard and selection messages

Hey Kyle.

On 03/18/2016 04:22 PM, Kyle wrote:

Perhaps it simply isn't
copying, as when I pasted what I was supposed to have copied from
duckduckgo.com, I got the text I had copied from the previous page.

Sounds reasonable. Orca's not doing any magic regarding selection
(currently it let's Firefox control the caret when you select). Nor is
it putting things in or taking them out of the clipboard. That, too, is
being done by Firefox. All Orca is doing is paying attention to events
and heuristically trying to determine what happened so it can say the
right thing.

I'll look into this one next:

However, when pasting it here in Thunderbird, I heard nothing, although
that text did appear.

This other one:

In other news, I'm still hearing "cut" sometimes when pressing
control+backspace in Thunderbird.

Should hopefully be fixed now.

Thanks again!
--joanie