[orca-list] regression tests

Hi,

In SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop/Server, we have a tendancy to mix and match versions of various things (upgrading GNOME while using an older ESR version of Firefox or vice versa, etc), so I've been looking at the tests in the tests subdirectory, trying to figure out whether I can reasonably use them to look for incompatibilities. When I run the tests, I get a lot of failures, some of them seeming somewhat trivial, so I'm wondering whether something on my system is different from what the tests are expecting (an old version of Firefox, possibly), or if the expected results just need to be updated. I'll paste a sample below.

Also, I should probably file a bug for this, but, if an exact string match fails, then we try to compile the expected result into a regular expression, without catching exceptions, and not all expected results can be compiled into regular expressions (the string might have a ( with no closing ), for instance), resulting in a cryptic traceback if the exact comparison fails.

--

Test 2 of 17 FAILED: /home/orca/test/harness/../keystrokes/firefox/aria_alert.py:2. Up Arrow
DIFFERENCES FOUND:

- SPEECH OUTPUT: 'show it.'
+ SPEECH OUTPUT: '"block" to hide and show it. '
[FAILURE WAS UNEXPECTED]

Test 5 of 32 FAILED: /home/orca/test/harness/../keystrokes/firefox/aria_button_dojo.py:5. Tab to first Create
button
DIFFERENCES FOUND:
- BRAILLE LINE:  'Create push button'
+ BRAILLE LINE:  'Create  push button'

-      VISIBLE:  'Create push button', cursor=1
+      VISIBLE:  'Create  push button', cursor=1

- SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Create push button'