[orca-list] Is there a workaround for this?

I've been trying to use Vim because I need something more than Gedit but less than a full-blown IDE. My biggest annoyance is that, when I reach the top of the screen and press up-arrow, I hear silence. The only workaround I've found is to press up-arrow more times than I need, then I can down-arrow back over the previously-revealed text.

Is there a better way to do this? I assume this is a known gnome-terminal issue? If not, I can provide a debug log.