Re: [orca-list] Fedora 24 will use Wayland as default. What about accessibility?

hi
Luckily, wayland is very accessible. There were some bugs that caused
mouse clicks to not work, but I believe these have been fixed by now. I
use gnome running under wayland all the time and have no problems. Mate
doesn't support wayland yet, but they are going to add support, I'm just
not sure when. Joanie knows a lot more than I do about wayland though,
I'm sure she'll chime in.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

Pavel Vlček wrote:
Hi all,
as I read, Fedora 24 default session will be wayland. Can you please
tell me, what is the main difference between x-session and wayland and
what about accessibility? Will it be accessible? Why is wayland
better? I tried wayland with Fedora 21 and there was good
accessibility work in focus, where after closing the app, Orca focused
to top panel and not to nothing. But can be the wayland used for every
day? What do you think?
The article is here:
https://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2016/03/04/why-wayland-anyway/
Thanks,