Re: [orca-list] any full time mate users?

hi
Mate 1.8 is the first really accessible version, so anything on or after
that is fully accessible. The latest version is 1.12. We just put out an
image of sonar with the mate desktop on it, as well as gnome, so if you
want the latest mate you could try that, or fedora, although with fedora
you'd have to first install the workstation image which is gnome and
then install mate afterwards, because the mate spin isn't accessible
yet. I'm trying to get in contact with the spin maintainer to make this
happen.
Vinux 5.0 also comes with mate on the live image, but I'm not sure which
version. I think 1.6, but it could be 1.8. Mate will be inaccessible
until the "enable assistive technologies" check box is checked in the
assistive technologies dialog. To open this, open a run prompt with
alt+f2, type in mate-at-properties, and press enter. Tab once, press
space bar, then press alt+c to close. Restart mate and it should be
accessible. In mate 1.14, which is the next version, this is supposed to
be autoconfigured when you press alt+win+s, much like gnome, but it's
not out yet.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

Krishnakant wrote:
Dear all,\I am planning to shift to Mate for full time use.
Can some one give me which is the latest most accessible Mate version
I can use?
Any more inputs which I must take into consideration?
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.