Re: [orca-list] three features that would be nice to have

Howdy kendell,

>>Would it also be possible to find out from which output device the sound is coming as well?
sure thing :).
the nice thing on our plugin system is we are not limited to python code. So you can output what ever you could get in the bash for example.
Yepp :) we can just use any shellscript, python, binary, ASM, brainfuck.. whateverthing. because "simple" plugins are just "subprocess" calls we are reading the STDOUT :).
only "advanced" plugins are limited to python because they can interact with orca and its objects itself. what kind of plugin it is, is controlled via a parameter in the plugin.
about the compatibiliy:
We can split this in 2 plugins
volume-alsa
volume-pulse
or lets check pulse and fall back to alsa.

cheers chrys