Re: [orca-list] accessible games tuxtype and tuxmaths

Hello,

Sorry for reviving such an old discussion however just out of interest I've tried to build t4kcommon and tuxmath on my arch linux this morning and I can't get the TTS stuff to work.

What I did:

- cloned t4kcommon from https://github.com/tux4kids/t4kcommon.git

- Built t4kcommon. I had to apply a patch found in the t4k_common aur package against libpng 1,5 and another tweak is that when including speech-dispatcher I need to do #include <speech-dispatcher/libspeechd.h> instead of just plain libspeechd.h without the folder name. It builds fine.

- Cloned tuxmath from https://github.com/tux4kids/tuxmath.git

- Built tuxmath with no issues.

As soon as I launch tuxmath --tts

I'll get a warning saing

I can't initialize TTS, then after playing the intro music tuxmatch exits with an execution fault.

I do have both speech-dispatcher and eSpeak installed and working. I have poket at the t4k_tts.c file and I think it tries to initialize espeak and as a result it issues the warning I am tallking about.

What might I be missing please?

Would you like me to post dbg stack trace?

Greetings

Peter