Re: [orca-list] Are you encountering fake web password fields?

I remember exactly what I have been cases of announcement of input characters when entering a password. It is very rare, and now I can not name the sites where it occurs. I'll try to shake up the history of visits, but not sure what to recollect where I have seen this situation.

Joanmarie Diggs пишет:
Hey all.

Rumor has it that somewhere out in the wild there are web authors who
are creating fake password fields rather than using the native HTML
input with type="password". I'm curious as to whether or not you're
coming across such things. And if you are, bonus points for providing
the URLs. And even if you're not, I'd like to hear that too. I'm trying
to understand if this is a real problem or a purely theoretical one.

BTW, this doesn't require any skills other than using Orca to access the
web. The way you'd be able to identify a fake password is that Orca
would say something like "Password entry" (or possibly just "Password")
rather than "Password password text." And if you have key echo enabled,
Orca would speak your key presses rather than saying "star" or "black
circle" or "bullet."

Thanks in advance!
--joanie