Re: [orca-list] libreoffice calc issues

hi
I've just tested latest master. Orca can now echo keystrokes in libre
office calc, although it usually doesn't, and it's still very sluggish
when entering the menus for the first time. But the issue of it freezing
has been improved a little bit. When libreoffice is closed though, it
can take up to a minute before orca will successfully read the desktop.
This is a common issue I've noticed. After orca is started and you hear
"screen reader on", it can take up to a minute before orca says "desktop
frame", even if you are focused on the desktop. This last issue probably
isn't a libre office issue, that of orca taking a while to read the
desktop after an app is closed or when it's first started.
 Lastly, orca successfully says "copied to clipboard" when you copy text
from a libreoffice calc cell, but doesn't say "pasted from clipboard"
when you paste, even though it does successfully paste. But thic commit
did help libreoffice calc quite a bit, sorry for the flood of issue
reports lol. I wanted to get them all out while I had them in my mind or
I'd forget them for a few days.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

kendell clark wrote:
hi all
Someone recently emailed the orca list saying they were having issues
with libreoffice calc with ubuntu 14.04 and orca 3.20. I can confirm
that the same issue exists in orca master, but it seems worse hear.
Steps to reproduce. Open up a blank libreoffice calc spreadsheet. In a1,
enter some text by typing. I usually type something like "coffee" or
"tea" just to see if orca will echo the keystrokes. In this case, orca
doesn't echo the keystrokes and in fact, is unresponsive for several
seconds. It does come back so it hasn't frozen completely, but the text
also doesn't appear in the cell a1 either. It doesn't seem to show up at
all, at least not that I can find. Something seems to have showed up in
the spreadsheet however, because when you close libre office you get the
usual "save document?" prompt. Speaking of libreoffice spreadsheet, is
it possible to use it as accounting software? I'm considering replacing
gnucash with libreoffice calc, since gnucash has accessibility issues
that don't ever seem likely to be solved. The gnucash team will tell you
quite flatly that no one on their dev team knows anything about
accessibility and they're not interested in learning or helping fix
accessibility issues, go use some other piece of software.
Thanks
Kendell Clark